Physiological benefits 1. Less energy wasted 2. Makes you sweat less 3. Higher skin resistance 4. Helps with weight loss 5. Decreases muscle tension 6. Relaxes our nervous system 7. Increases exercise tolerance. 8. It decreases respiratory rate. 9. Decreases the aging process. 10. Cure headaches & migraines 11. Significant relief from asthma 12. Enhances the immune system. 13. It lowers oxygen consumption. 14. Helps in post-operative healing. 15. Reduced Need for Medical Care 16. Normalizes to your ideal weight 17. More inclined to sports, activities 18. harmonizes our endocrine system 19. Enhances energy, strength and vigour. 20. Greater Orderliness of Brain Functioning 21. improved performance in athletic events 22. Good for people with high blood pressure. 23. Leads to a deeper level of physical relaxation. 24. Reduces Pre-menstrual Syndrome symptoms. 25. Reduction of free radicals, less tissue damage 26. It increases blood flow and slows the heart rate. 27. Reduces activity of viruses and emotional distress 28. Higher levels of DHEAS (Dehydroepiandrosterone) 29. Helps in chronic diseases like allergies, arthritis etc. 30. Prevented, slowed or controlled pain of chronic diseases 31. Produce lasting beneficial changes in brain electrical activity 32. Improved flow of air to the lungs resulting in easier breathing. 33. Reduces anxiety attacks by lowering the levels of blood lactate. 34. Drop in cholesterol levels, lowers risk of cardiovascular disease. 35. Cure infertility (the stresses of infertility can interfere with the release of hormones that regulate ovulation).
36. Greater tolerance
37. Increase creativity
38. Develops intuition
39. Develop will power
40. Reduces road rage
41. Less aggressiveness
42. Builds self-confidence.
43. Purifies your character
44. Increased Productivity
45. Improved relationships
46. Mind ages at slower rate
47. Helps ignore petty issues
48. Increased job satisfaction
49. Resolve phobias & fears
50. Helps control own thoughts
51. Easier to remove bad habits
52. Increased emotional stability.
53. Decrease in restless thinking
54. Decreased tendency to worry
55. Develops emotional maturity
56. Higher intelligence growth rate
57. Better, more sociable behaviour
58. Increased brain wave coherence.
59. Helps with focus & concentration
60. Increases sense of responsibility
61. Decrease in potential mental illness
62. Improved learning ability and memory.
63. Improved relations at home & at work
64. Increases listening skills and empathy
65. Helps make more accurate judgements
66. Grows a stable, more balanced personality
67. Increased ability to solve complex problems
68. Helps in quitting smoking, alcohol addiction
69. Increased feelings of vitality and rejuvenation.
70. Able to see the larger picture in a given situation
71. Need less sleep to recover from sleep deprivation
72. Require less time to fall asleep, helps cure insomnia
73. Increases one’s perceptual ability and motor performance
74. Increases serotonin level, influences mood and behaviour.
75. Gives composure to act in considered & constructive ways
76. React more quickly and more effectively to a stressful event.
77. Increase in the capacity for intimate contact with loved ones
78. Greater communication between the two brain hemispheres
79. Reduces need and dependency on drugs, pills & pharmaceuticals
80. Growing wisdom
81. Attain enlightenment
82. Increased compassion
83. Helps learn forgiveness
84. Greater inner-directedness
85. Increased self-actualization.
86. Changes attitude toward life
87. Helps keep things in perspective
88. Increased acceptance of oneself
89. Helps you discover your purpose
90. Experience a sense of “Oneness”
91. Deeper Level of spiritual relaxation
92. Helps living in the present moment
93. Provides peace of mind, happiness
94. Brings body, mind, spirit in harmony
95. Increases the synchronicity in your life
96. Creates a deeper relationship with your God
97. Deeper understanding of yourself and others
98. Creates a widening, deepening capacity for love
99. Experience an inner sense of “Assurance or Knowingness”
100. Discovery of the power and consciousness beyond the ego
Meditation is also completely FREE! It requires no special equipment, and is not complicated to learn. It can be practiced anywhere, at any given moment, and it is not time consuming 15-20 min. per day is good. Best of all, meditation has NO negative side effects. Bottom line, there is nothing but positive to be gained from it! With such a huge list of benefits, the question you should ask yourself is, “why am I not meditating yet?”
Director, JP Enterprises, Arti Chowk, Ludhiana.