You don’t need to starve yourself on a wacky fad diet if you want to look better in your shorts or swimsuits this summer. The secret to weight loss is to choose healthy foods and take in fewer calories than you burn. And it is just easier to make better food choices in summertime, when heavy high-calorie dishes seem less appealing.
Experts Say single easiest way to trim calories from summer diet is to load up on nature’s bounty. Production is at its peak in summer. Delicious fruits and vegetables abound at farmer's market and in local grocery shops. Besides being low in calories the products are loaded with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fibre.
"Enjoy fresh product in season. You will be thrilled at how fresh, delicious, and satisfying it tastes. "Save the oranges and apples for fall and load up on fresh berries, melons, greens, tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers, beets, pea pods, and all nutritious and low-calorie fruits & green vegetables that grow in the garden this time of year." As a bonus, one can forget about amount control when it comes to fresh fruit and vegetables. Here are some of the best foods to help with weight loss during the summer.
1. Chilled Soups: Cold soups are among the low-calorie dishes. Chilled soups like gazpacho or cucumber-dill that contain lots of chunky vegetables are a great way to start a meal. Research shows that a low-calorie, broth-based soup at the beginning of the meal will fill you so that you eat less at the meal.
2. Watermelon: Who will not love diving into a crisp, juicy slice of watermelon when it's hot outside. largely composed of water. It’s a wonderful way to satisfy thirst and a yen for something sweet.
3. Grilled Veggies:
A plate of grilled vegetables in diet, one must have in summertime . Experts recommend keeping a plate of grilled onions, bell peppers, carrots, eggplant, asparagus, and garlic in your fridge. You can use them to make dishes like: Grilled vegetable and goat cheese salads
Salads: Salads make for quick, healthy meals with no recipes required. Just give the product a quick rinse; slice, dice, toss fruits, vegetables, low-fat cheese, a handful of toasted nuts with some salad greens and a light raspberry or ginger salad dressing, along with a whole-grain roll and you have a meal in minutes Or try whole-grain salads such as wheat berry and tabouli. Flavoring salads with herbs from the garden is a good idea so that one can go light on the dressing.
4. Low and No Calorie Beverages: Smoothies, sweetened specialty coffee drinks, sweetened teas, and sodas -- they all go down so easily, especially when it's hot outside. But the calories add up easily. Beverages can be the Achilles heel during summertime because we need to drink lots of liquids to stay cool, but liquids quench thirst and don’t usually impact our hunger. Experts recommend these refreshing drinks that helps to enjoy this summer without blowing your diet:
5. Fruit Beer or Orange Dream Float: 1/2 cup vanilla frozen yogurt in 12 ounces of diet root beer or orange soda (100 calories)
6. Tart Lemon Pom Spritzer: 12 ounces of lemon sparkling water mixed with the juice of 1 lemon and 1/4 cup pomegranate juice, served over ice (35 calories)
Fruit based deserts
• Grilled banana sundaes made with low-fat ice cream
• Grilled pineapple with rum and pecans
• Grilled white peaches with blackberries and honey
• Frozen, dark, sweet cherries
• A chocolate-covered frozen banana
• Frozen grapes
200-A, Station Road, Penrose, Auckland,
New Zealand. Mob.+64212554720