Happiness, peace and prosperity are always wished for everyone, but do we really know what peace means? Peace lies within us and we know it too. As we move beyond a year and enter new year, lets all take a resolution to become aware of this peace inside and allow our smiles to reflect the true sign of the prosperity that lies inside us. Here are seven ways to do it. 1. Give divine a chance, be grateful: Let the devotion flower to its fullest and give it a chance to work. Our love, faith & belief should be deep rooted, and then everything else moves on its own. The feeling that “I am blessed” can help you overcome any failure. Once you realise that you are blessed, then all the complaints & grumbling disappear, all the insecurities disappear & you become grateful, contented and peaceful.
2. Take out time for yourself: Everyday you are engaged in only gathering information and you do not take out time for yourself to think and reflect. Then you feel dull & tired. A few quiet moments are sources for creativity. Silence heals and rejuvenates and gives you depth and stability. Some time during the day, sit for a few minutes, get into the cave of your heart, eyes closed, and kick the world away like a ball. Taking out some time for yourself improves the quality of your life.
3. Know life’s impermanence: See the impermanence in this life. Millions of years have passed & millions will come and pass. Nothing is permanent. What is your life? It is not even a drop in the ocean. Just open your eyes & ask; who am I? How am I on this planet? What is my lifetime? Awareness dawns & you will stop worrying about little things. All smallness will simply drop & you will be able to live every moment of your life. If you review the context of your life, the quality of your life improves.
4. Do random acts of kindness: Make a commitment to make this world a better place to live. Do some acts of kindness without expecting anything in return. Service alone can bring contentment in life. It creates a sense of belongingness. When you bring some relief to someone through selfless service, good vibrations come to you. When you show kindness, your true nature which is love & peace comes to play.
5. Make your smile cheaper: Every day, every morning, look at the mirror and give a good smile to yourself. Don't let your smile be snatched away by anybody! Usually, you give your anger freely and smile rarely as though a smile is costly. Make your smile cheaper and anger expensive! When you smile all the muscles in your face get relaxed. The nerves in your brain get relaxed and you become peaceful within. It gives you the confidence, courage & energy to move on in life.
6. Make meditation a part of life: When we have higher goals in life it leads to stress & restlessness which can only be released through a few minutes of meditation & introspection. Meditation gives you deep rest. Deeper you are able to rest, dynamic you will be in activity.
7. Be a Student always: Know that you are a student forever. Do not underestimate anybody. Knowledge may come to you from any corner. Each occasion teaches you & each person teaches you. The world is your teacher. When you are always looking to learn, you will stop underestimating others. Humility will dawn in your life.
36/245 Vikas Nagar, Pakhowal Road,