Benefits of Castor Oil: Once in a while everyone faces hair problems. Be it thinning of hair, dry scalp, hair loss, split ends or any other hair problem.
But now you can bid farewell to all these problems with the help of castor oil. Yes, castor oil can do wonders for your hair. Read on to know the amazing hair care benefits of castor oil.
Using castor oil can be messy and it gets hard to remove it off. But, due to its amazing benefits the extra efforts will surely be worth.
Castor oil is filled with some excellent vital nutrients such as vitamin E, minerals and proteins, which are required for healthy hair. It also has antibacterial and antifungal properties.
1. Combats hair fall: Hair fall is the most common problem. Loss can be due to various reasons like hairstyling, infection and dandruff, But this loss can be stopped. Take some castor oil and massage it to your scalp and roots. Rinse them, after an hour or two. Ricinoleic acid that is present in castor oil helps protects hair and stimulates circulation of nutrient rich blood to hair scalp.
2. Stimulates hair growth: regular use of castor oil boosts blood circulation to hair follicles and supplies omega-6 essential fatty acids needed for growth of healthy hair. Apply the oil and leave it overnight, covered with a cap for deep penetration. Wash it off the next day.
3. Treats scalp infection: Apply it on regular basis to prevent scalp infections. These infections can cause major hair problems like bald patches, itchy scalp etc. This can also stop hair growth. So, to boast for healthy, lustrous tresses, it is really essential to treat scalp infections. With castor oil’s antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties to fight pathogens and micro-organism causing such problems.
4. Reduces split ends and hair breakage: Spilt ends and hair breakage are a sign of unhealthy hair. Since castor oil is filled with essential nutrients like vitamin E, amino acids, and omega-6 fatty acids that help to prevent split ends and breakage. This oil penetrates deep into your scalp and smoothens out rough hair cuticles. So, spread the oil evenly on your hair and wash it after few hours. Since, castor oil being very sticky can be mixed with lighter oils like olive or jojoba for easier application.
5. Conditions and moisturizes hair: Natural omega-9 acids present in castor oil helps to lock hair and scalp moisture. So, acts as a good hair conditioner. Apply castor oil at least 15 minutes before using a shampoo. This will help to make hairs smooth and soft. Castor oil can also be added to your favorite hair conditioner to soak in its benefits. Other than this, apply very little amount (one or two drops) of castor oil to hairs each night as a part of daily hair conditioning routine.
6. Helps to get rid of dry scalp: Dry scalp can also lead to dandruff. With help of this oil you can get rid of both. The omega-9 fatty acids that are present in castor oil will nourish your hair and prevent dry scalp. Before washing, apply the oil on the affected area and let it stand for few minutes. You will see the difference after a few washes.
7. Makes hair dark and shiny: Almost everyone wants black and lustrous hair. But due to many reasons such as weather and chemical treatments hair losses its shine. Castor oil can help to increase the shine in your hair. It has the ability to coat your hair shaft, and seal the moisture in. This leaves your hair with shinier and silkier surface. Mix small quantity of castor oil with hair serum or mousse and apply it evenly on your hair. Heat up some castor oil and apply it on hairs. Then wrap hairs in a towel. After a few washes you can feel your locks getting shinier.
8. Provides thickness to hair: Thin locks are a sign of damaged hair. Hair thinning can lead to hair loss. Castor oil not only prevents hair damage, but also helps in providing thickness to beautiful hair. Regular use of this oil promotes thicker hair growth on scalp. The essential nutrients and omega 6 and 9 acids in this oil are very good to enhance the quality of your hair.
200-A, Station Road, Penrose, Auckland,
New Zealand. Mob.: +64212554720