1. Clear your bowels: The way our skin looks and feels are directly related to how well our digestive system functions. Weak digestive system can lead to constipation, which in turn would cause pimples and acne. Eating almonds on a regular basis helps to increase the levels of gut bacteria in abdomen, these gut bacteria are responsible for a healthy digestion, thus giving clear and healthy skin.
2. A rich source of Vitamin E: Vitamin E contains Alpha-Tocopherol, which nourishes your skin and gives you a radiant glow. Almonds are a rich source of vitamin E. So, consume almonds to keep all skin ailments at bay.
3. Anti-ageing properties: Almonds have anti-ageing properties. Massaging pure almond oil on the entire face, especially under eyes, helps in delaying wrinkles. A regular application also lightens dark spots and under eye dark circles, thereby giving a beautiful and even skin tone.
4. Heart-friendly nuts: Well, let us put it in simple words- “almonds protect your heart”. Fiber in almonds blocks the body’s ability to absorb fat. Also, these nuts are a very rich source of vitamin E, monounsaturated fat, magnesium, and antioxidants that increase blood flow. Moreover, their cholesterol-lowering effect helps in maintaining a healthy heart.
5. Memory and energy booster: Essential nutrients in Almonds help in boosting the power and capacity of brain and also reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease (loss of memory in old age). They have riboflavin and magnesium, which are energy boosters that allows human body to stay fresh the entire day. Not to forget, almonds increase productivity at workplace as well.
6. Get rid of that flab: carbohydrate cravings lead to weight gain. These nuts have a variety of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients, which are needed to curb cravings for carbohydrates. So, having them is a good idea if you want to get rid of that extra flab.
Power packed with energy, almonds are a great snack all by themselves. So, soak in water, roast or eat them raw, but do include them in your daily diet.
Professor, Deptt. of Dravyaguna,
Gurukul Ayurvedic College,