1. A man is great by deeds, not by birth. 2. A rich man has many friends. 3. An egoist can be won over by being respected, a crazy person can be won over by allowing him to behave in an insane manner and a wise person can be won over by truth.
4. As centesimal droppings will fill a pot so also are knowledge, virtue and wealth gradually obtained.
5. As soon as the fear approaches near, attack and destroy it.
6. Avoid him who talks sweetly before you but tries to ruin you behind your back, for he is like a pitcher of poison with milk on top.
7. Books are as useful to a stupid person as a mirror is useful to a blind person.
8. Education is the best friend. An educated person is respected everywhere. Education beats the beauty and the youth.
9. Even if a snake is not poisonous, it should pretend to be venomous.
10. God is not present in idols. Your feelings are your god. The soul is your temple.
11. He who befriends a man whose conduct is vicious, whose vision impure, and who is notoriously crooked, is rapidly ruined.
12. If you get to learn something even from the worst of creatures, don't hesitate.
N.J. 87, Jain Street,